It is one of the most historical place of Peshawar. Its name was given by Timur Shah Durrani (1773–1793), who used the fort as the winter capital of the Afghan Durrani Empire, with the summer capital being in Kabul. The Sikhs who conquered Peshawar in the early 19th century named it Samir Garh in 1834 but the name did not become popular. In nowadays this fort is the Head Quarter of Frontier Crops.
Fort Bala Hisar Location: GT Road Old City, Near Fir dos Chock Peshawar